Stainless Steel Ladder

dannyleininger

Reaction score
Is the stainless steel boarding ladder a good option over the standard ladder?

We are building a 23 SSX with extended aft deck in dual stern gates.

Thanks

Having had the standard on my SLX ,and now the stainless on my RCW ,I would say yes .

Love the stainless, tucks up out of the way nicely and finishes off well. That said I never used the standard unit.?

No ,it stores under the deck
24_SSL_Ladder_Bennington_pontoon_boats.jpg

Love our stainless. We just wanted that cleaner look that it gives you.

I had the fold up ladder on the first boat, and the SS tuck-a-way ladder on this one. I love the look. It's also easy to use, but no better or no worse than the folding ladder. It's all about looks on this one for me.

I think the SS looks a lot better, but I like the climbing in and out angle a lot better on the standard ladder. With our blackout package, we went normal curved. With it blacked out, it actually adds some flare to the back, and has a better climbing angle. If we had not done the blackout package, we may have went with the SS ladder for the looks.

Amazing how every little decision on an order becomes such a big deal. We deliberated on so many things ourselves. So worth it once you get it though... Good luck with your decision!

I just ordered my boats at the 2019 Chicago Boat Show and added a live-well to the order today. The one thing I am worried about not getting is the SS Ladder. I have also added the Corvina Steering Wheel, Double Bimini and Sharkhide since the boat show.

I hope I'm not making a mistake but I think I am going to stick with the curved ladder w/blackout luxe. I think it will be easier to get in the boat with it vs the stainless ladder (turn 60 next month). I'm over $65K, so I hope I don't regret this decision. I plan on this being the last boat I ever buy.

I am 60 and have no problems with the stainless ladder. I have read on this form one problem with the curved ladder is the snap and strap holding it seems to break often.

Even though we have the blackout pkg, I ordered the SS ladder for the looks and the smaller profile when going down the lake. It matches the SS rub rail, rear gate and rear speaker trim on our boat. All that being said I do think the curved ladder is easier to climb.

Attachments

• IMG_4982.JPG
    IMG_4982.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 30
SS ladder is nice, BUT, I noticed some deck flex with ours and am keeping an eye on it. I don’t regret getting it, but I’m a little concerned about that. I’ll address with my dealer if it gets any worse as I’m sure they’ll address it. If you like clean lines get it! I have the extended aft deck with the GCW and I didn’t want a ladder taking away the symmetry.

SS ladder is nice, BUT, I noticed some deck flex with ours and am keeping an eye on it. I don’t regret getting it, but I’m a little concerned about that. I’ll address with my dealer if it gets any worse as I’m sure they’ll address it. If you like clean lines get it! I have the extended aft deck with the GCW and I didn’t want a ladder taking away the symmetry.

Ive noticed that on mine, as well. Not sure if it’s the aluminum flexing naturally, or if the ladder puts that much stress on it.

I love my stainless ladder, too. Easy to use, plenty deep enough even without the extra step option. Well worth the upgrade.

Ive noticed that on mine, as well. Not sure if it’s the aluminum flexing naturally, or if the ladder puts that much stress on it.

Both. If you look underneath there’s a joint between side frame and extended frame. Inner support is motor pod. Outer is a thin aluminum joiner and your deck. The SS ladder acts like a fulcrum and all your weight is pivoted at the ladder frame. That’s why you aren’t supposed to use the ladder out of water as there’s no buoyancy. Problem is you are still on ladder but out of water when climbing out. . I’m going to see if my dealer can add a gusset or something to the channel inside the 2 pieces.

Back