Stern Light Bimini Mounting Bracket

MikeOnTheLake

Reaction score
The bracket where my stern light mounts to the bimini top has teeth where the pole swivels on the bracket to hold the pole in place. However, those teeth do not lock into anything and just press against a smooth surface (pictures attached). Should there be another piece on this bracket for the teeth to lock into so the pole stays in whatever position you want it? Right now I need to tighten the screw as much as I can to keep the pole from moving, but it still moves from vibration when underway.

I've found the Perko replacement bracket and can buy it from a number of different places, but none of them on-line show a clear picture of the teeth and if they lock into anything.

Thanks,
Mike

upload_2019-3-24_19-15-36.jpeg upload_2019-3-24_19-16-3.jpeg

Yes, the bracket should have teeth that interlock. What year is boat? Your dealer should get you another, if still under warranty.

Yes, the bracket should have teeth that interlock. What year is boat? Your dealer should get you another, if still under warranty.
Thanks Semperfi!

Yes, boat is still under warranty, but I bought it used and have no idea if previous owner somehow lost the interlocking piece. I can buy the replacement bracket from Amazon for $25 and save myself time and hassle, so will just do that.

The bracket where my stern light mounts to the bimini top has teeth where the pole swivels on the bracket to hold the pole in place. However, those teeth do not lock into anything and just press against a smooth surface (pictures attached). Should there be another piece on this bracket for the teeth to lock into so the pole stays in whatever position you want it? Right now I need to tighten the screw as much as I can to keep the pole from moving, but it still moves from vibration when underway.

I've found the Perko replacement bracket and can buy it from a number of different places, but none of them on-line show a clear picture of the teeth and if they lock into anything.

Thanks,
Mike

View attachment 24380 View attachment 24381
It has teeth on one side, and a single tab on the other that locks it to the teeth. Your tab is probably broken off like mine.

Mine has teeth on both side that interlock

I received the replacement bracket during the week and will replace it on the boat today. The bracket does just have a tab on one side to lock into the teeth. Not the best design by Perko and hopefully it holds up if I'm gentle with it.
Perko-Bracket.jpg

I received the replacement bracket during the week and will replace it on the boat today. The bracket does just have a tab on one side to lock into the teeth. Not the best design by Perko and hopefully it holds up if I'm gentle with it.
View attachment 24410

Actually, it's probably a good design. It's probably designed to break away easily, vs. tearing the Bimini frame part.

Great info here. How did you get the wires through the bracket post? Did you have to cut the wires and splice them or is there some other trick to pulling them up the top? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Back