Sticker

Rockie69

Reaction score
For those of you with aftermarket lights. Bennington puts this sticker to CTB.

Kinda dumb to have them and not use them at night.

Yeah they likely won't show up very well during the daytime!

South Carolina Law

SECTION 50-21-85. Conditions for operation of vessel displaying blue light; operating procedure in presence of such vessel; violations.

No person shall operate any vessel displaying, reflecting or flashing a blue light unless a duly commissioned law enforcement officer is on board.

The operator of any vessel being approached by a vessel flashing a blue light shall stop or maneuver in such a way as to permit boarding, so far as possible without endangering his own vessel, and not begin normal movement again until directed by the law enforcement officer or until the vessel flashing a blue light has cleared the immediate area. The operator of any vessel approaching any area where a vessel flashing a blue light is located or patrolling shall slow his vessel to a no wake speed and shall maintain such speed until clear of the area.

Any person violating the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished as provided in Section 50-21-150.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

uhh another question; are you operating if you're anchored?

Now can I exchange my cup holders and courtesy lights for another color?

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
If you cannot tell the difference between a law enforcement boat attempting to stop you & the decorative under-deck glow of strip lighting, you must have fecal matter between your ears.

If you cannot tell the difference between a law enforcement boat attempting to stop you & the decorative under-deck glow of strip lighting, you must have fecal matter between your ears.
But laws don't allow common sense to be part of the equation.

But laws don't allow common sense to be part of the equation.
LOL, there is a pretty good article about this in Sept issue of PDB Magazine.

I did use mine side lights to my advantage when in LOTO while towing another boat at night, I figured if the Officers wanted to pull me over, they could tow the other boat. LOL

Was out a couple of weeks ago for fireworks and there were a few of us with side lights including one that was red. State police were patrolling went right by us and didn't give a second look

Back