Storage Conversion For Anchor

JOC

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time poster. I hope someone can help with this. I have recently purchased a 2015 Q. In the front of the boat just outside the playpen there is an area covered by a curved panel. This is a perfect place to store an anchor. However, this boat did not come with storage acces to that area. I would like to remove the panel and put a hinge on it and a latch. I have removed the outer cover (plywood covered with vinyl, attached with Velcro). Behind it is a panel. There are no screws showing, perhaps it is secured from the other side.

My question is, do you know how to remove this panel? Can I salvage it or will I have to bust it to gain access to the storage area. I have included pictures. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 4A3834FD-E2B4-4F66-8CC5-AC4F47C44DA2.jpeg
    4A3834FD-E2B4-4F66-8CC5-AC4F47C44DA2.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 09D960D6-1765-4473-BF9E-DEDB3C875B0E.jpeg
    09D960D6-1765-4473-BF9E-DEDB3C875B0E.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 50
I have a Q ,I did think about storing my anchor there .My concern is , at some point the anchor will bounce ,causing a dented panel from the inside .
My access doors have hinges and a latch . I dont think I have any pics and the boat is still in storage

I was able to find one pic with the starboard side panel shown. Hinge is at the bottom ( there are 2 ) latch is on the top
1616755331425.png

Here is a link to email Bennington ."Possibly " they can provide you the hinges and latches ( at a cost ) or even a complete set panels with the hardware attached .Be sure to include your Hull ID

I was able to find one pic of the starboard side. Hinge is at the bottom ( there are 2 ) latch is on the top
View attachment 29389
That red is just "stunning" every time I see it Jack! Is there alot of room behind that access door?!?

Thank You .I can fit a few things in there ,but I dont keep anything that could dent the panels. Right now the only thing I keep there is extra PFD's

Thank You .I can fit a few things in there ,but I dont keep anything that could dent the panels. Right now the only thing I keep there is extra PFD's
Seems like the perfect spot for PFD’s or perhaps any other soft swimming toy like a noodle. I’d be hesitant to put anything solid of of heft in there myself. Panels can dent very easily.

Thank you all for the replies. Bennington just responded and said it is an aluminum panel clipped from the inside. I was concerned about the denting possibly also. Not sure what I will ultimately do. Jack, that red is awesome!

Mine is a painted metal panel.

Back