Storm damage

lakeliving

Reaction score
Most of us in Michigan had some storms come through on Sunday.

Glen Arbor where the in laws cottage is took a hit. Still waiting to hear on damages to the buildings on the property as the drive was blocked with downed trees. Still haven't heard if the boat (Bennington) is ok either. Based on a photo of a boat down from hers I am thinking there might be some damgae.

http://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2015/08/glen_arbor_sleeping_bear_dunes.html

I hope everything is ok for you and your family!

Lakeliving - It was definitely a bad storm! We were lucky, losing power for only a couple hours. There are large portions of the area that aren't expected to get power until Thursday.

I went and checked on our boat on Lake Cadillac - thank God for good knot tying experience! No damage at all, just a lot of leaves and birch seeds blowing into a very wet boat. Hope eveeryone else was as fortunate as we were

Here is another boat from the lake. Not the families but a good indicator of wind speed. Glad yours is undamaged Long Ear.

glen%20lake%20damage%202_zpsvwr50jjn.jpg

We've been pretty dry recently, but had much rain early Summer.  What's different is that the doldrums of Summer have not come, and waves and wind have been high all but a few days.

Our woodchucks are having a hayday--with their tree surgery businesses.  When our cities' limbs and downed trees get cleaned up, here comes another thunderstorm.

Fortunately our boat lifts are pile driven down into the lake bottom 4' or so on 8 to 10 four inch steel poles--and very structurally strong.

Wow, scary stuff!! Did your stuff make it unscathed Andy? Is that bow rider damaged beyond use? By the pic, looks like it might be refloated.

I'm guessing by the looks of it, the canopy of that bow rider lift pulled it over then got ripped off?

I'm waiting to hear on damages. Still no power up there and trees down.

Back