Straps for Bimini

Its factory equipped only taller than normal which is what the dealer ordered plus the Led lights. These straps run above your head from the front cross bar then straps around the 2nd crossbar with a set of d- rings, then the 3rd and 4th cross bar with d-rings and runs just under the bimini top. So sandwiched between the tops of each crossbar right in the middle and the bimini top. I have the seperated zipper "tubes" that zipper over the crossbars and these straps run in the middle of those zipper tubes.

So do these straps fasten around the zippers and go between each zipper tube and the Bimini through a gap?  If so, I've never seen anything like that posted here before...  There are no gaps for a strap to go between on my Bimini.  A picture would help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack M is correct. This is the bimini top itself, not mooring cover or boot. If you are sitting in the captains chair and look up it runs right down the middle of the bimini top attached to all four crossbars. One inch black nylon web strapping with a set of d-rings the same distance of each crossbar. On some of the d-rings there is a piece of strap about 10 inches long that runs around the crosbbar and then through the d-rings for tightening.

Spoiledrotten, no I have never taken these straps off for raising or lowering the bimini top.  Also these two straps dont have any snaps,  just 5 sets of d-rings.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a pic of what your top looks like open and the underside. Obviously no one has seen these straps you have. Is it a 10' bimini?

My zipper "tubes" have a separation in the middle where it is open enough for the straps to run from the aft crossbar  to the front crossbar.

Yes, I have the taller 10' bimini. I will be at the lake this weekend installing the bimini. I was hoping to get some type of instructions or pics about the straps so I'm not wasting time with the install. The cleaning and waterproofing turned out great and it looks brand new.  There is another Bennington or two at the marina so I might take a look at those if needed. I wish someone from Bennington would have chimed in.

Back