Striker 4

Cwright

Reaction score
Another problem on the maiden voyage was the depth finder wouldn’t work while on plane. I’m guessing a transducer adjustment is in order? I’ve seen a post about this but not sure where.

Another problem on the maiden voyage was the depth finder wouldn’t work while on plane. I’m guessing a transducer adjustment is in order? I’ve seen a post about this but not sure where.
Do a search in these forums. This topic comes up a lot. The problem is pretty typical, but none the less frustrating. The transducer‘s on these pontoons are typcially mounted so as not to be lower than the bottom of the pontoon so as to reduce risk of getting damaged on trailer or when beaching. However, that means the transducer is in turbulent water once you get up on plan, thus causing it to cut out.

Typicaly to solve the problem you need to get the transducer lower than the bottom of the pontoon. Some have done this and reported very good results. I have yet to do it, and thus mine still cuts off after about 15-20 mph like yours does.

Also make sure transducer is level while “on plane” , not level while sitting still.

Back