Stuck in Reverse Gear

fix-it_felix

Reaction score
Good morning all.

I have a bit of an issue with my Bennington tritoon. The engine is stuck in reverse irregardless of the throttle position. I'm wondering if the throttle cable is jacked up, but I don't know where that would be or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

First I’d check to,see if the cables operating the transmission rod back at engine. Typically ive seen the nut that connects shifting rod from upper to lower unit come undone. Usually because jam but was not tightened after maintenance.

Also, what year and motor? Any tension on shifter when trying to go from F to R?

Good morning all.

I have a bit of an issue with my Bennington tritoon. The engine is stuck in reverse irregardless of the throttle position. I'm wondering if the throttle cable is jacked up, but I don't know where that would be or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Is your boat new? I had a similar problem, but stuck in Forward, on my new 2021 last year with a Yamaha 150vmax. Basically the throttle cable was never completely clipped in back under engine cowling correctly at initial install. Was an easy fix but very scary when it happened initially. My dealer came to my dock and fixed it in about 2 seconds.

Back