Sub upgrade

Trainman

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals new member here and proud owner of a new ssbx 23! I want to upgrade my kb10 system with a kicker tb 10 tube. Has anyone tried this new sub or heard of anyone trying it? Thanks

Welcome and post some pictures of your new Benny!

As far as the Kicker Tube sub, hopefully some members that have one will chime in on how they like it. Another possible alternative might be a Rockford Fosgate P300. Several of us have installed one this year (search "installed a powered sub today"). I'd give you a rundown on it, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get mine to work for more than a few seconds.

I noticed that the Rockford Fosgate sub is not a marine rated piece of equipment. How long does one expect this to last? Even if it is in a"dry" place on your boat it seems to be subject to the weather/humidity more so than an install in a car would be.

Thoughts? This is next years project for me, maybe...

I've never had a problem with non-marine certified stereo stuff. Now, having said that, if it was in a saltwater or a very damp environment where corrosion is an issue then gear made for marine might be more appropriate. For normal freshwater boating environments I think the standard stereo components are fine.

I agree with Havasu. My boat came with a Sony car stereo head unit right from the factory and it still works fine. Over a year on the Rockford 10" with no issues as well.

The main difference between marine rated piece and a regular piece is the marine one usually has a silicone based sealant on the circuit boards to protect from saltwater corrosion. Not a bunch of difference between them. Also, something like that sub is sealed (except a little control panel) so not too worried about it. I’d only be worried if water was up to the control panel but if that were to happen the sub would be the least of my worries.

Hey guys and gals new member here and proud owner of a new ssbx 23! I want to upgrade my kb10 system with a kicker tb 10 tube. Has anyone tried this new sub or heard of anyone trying it? Thanks
myself and allot of other Bennington boat owners on this forum have installed the Rockford fosgate sub that's sold on Amazon. It may not be a marine grade sub but I expect it to stand the test of time.

I installed mine a few weeks ago and love the sound it produces. As long as its in a dry place I expect it last for years to come...

Welcome and post some pictures of your new Benny!

As far as the Kicker Tube sub, hopefully some members that have one will chime in on how they like it. Another possible alternative might be a Rockford Fosgate P300. Several of us have installed one this year (search "installed a powered sub today"). I'd give you a rundown on it, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get mine to work for more than a few seconds.
Thanks Michiman! I will post some pictures when I get back to the lake this weekend hopefully.

I installed the 10 inch Kicker subwoofer tube this weekend and love it! I had the same sub in my last boat (Chaparral Deck Boat) and it was great for me in that boat as well! For this install, I also installed the Kicker KMC4 head unit, JBL 5 channel Marine Amp, and 4x Kicker marine speakers to replace the factory speakers. The system sounds awesome! Next I'll be adding a second amp, 4x 8 inch speakers on the swim decks, and a remote control.

Back