Sub Woofer Question

RedRaiderTooner

Reaction score
For those of you have have the factory subwoofer option, what size is the speaker and what amp is required for it?

I have 2 battery's and the battery switch, any thing else need to be done?

Does the box take up most of the room under the helm?

DOes the sub compliment the Kicker speakers?

I guess it would require a new helm door, too.

Thanks!

Will

Last edited by a moderator:
The Factory Sub we have in out 2008 2575 R is a Rockfor Fosgate. Its 2" 10inc subs in a down fireing (subs pointed at the floor) ported box. And Yes it takes up all the room under the helm. we installed a JL Audio 500/1 amp to power the subs. For 500 watts and 2 10inc subs it plenty.

The helm door has a vent in it to let out the sound.

Also i like thw down fire subs because if you had the subs shooting at the door or the aluminum pannels it woukd be a rattle trap

Geewest, I'm still mulling my install over. Hope to make up my mind soon. Already have two 12's and an amp but where to put them. Might have to buy 10's and get a better use of space. Steve

Geewest, I'm still mulling my install over. Hope to make up my mind soon. Already have two 12's and an amp but where to put them. Might have to buy 10's and get a better use of space. Steve
I have heard a few toons and I think the down fire option is the way to go. Or you could do a sub the sits under the helm and fires out into the boat . You could take the door off the helm and have the sub AND the port or vent shoot out into the boat . Because of the way pontoon boats are made ( large thin panels that rattle) a sub that's cooped up in a place like under the helm will cause quite a bit of vibration noise. The key is to let the sound out. (Venting)

Back