Subwoofer rattling console door

baxter3

Reaction score
First off I have to say I think this forum is great and I have read many post which helped me pick the boat I did. 2019 22ssrxp with sps and 150. i have the kicker sub upgrade and while it sounds good it will rattle the console door. Opening the door sounds much better. I figured others would have this issue and have a better solution than leaving the door swinging open. Any tips?

A while back there was a thread about someone putting edging around the door - similar to edging you would put on a car door. Don’t remember if it was for rattling or for rough edges. Try searching or maybe someone else will remember it. I couldn’t find it looking quickly.

Search and read “seat base inner edges”. Mr G had a solution for his sharp edges and comments following also said it stopped helm door rattling. From 2017 thread.

I’d probably try some foam tape (weatherstripping). You can pick it up at virtually any hardware store. It’s cheap and comes in a bunch of different widths and thicknesses. I’d also check to make sure that your closing latch isn’t bent. Mine didn’t close as tightly as I thought it should so I just bent it in slightly so it’d close tighter.

So is it the actual door rattling or is it the latch bar rattling on the inside? You can take a piece of duct tape and tape it to the inside where the latch bar closes and see if that helps. I did that on mine but it was because sometimes the door didn't stay closed in rough water. Just a thought.

I had some vibration on my door so I bought a pack of small (aspirin sized) felt pads that you would normally use on kitchen cupboards. Did the trick for me.

BTW, baxter3 welcome to the family and post some pictures and additional details of your Benny!

I have a new Bennington this year and I went for for the subwoofer upgrade. I ended up unplugging it as the rattling around the console is horrible.

I have a new Bennington this year and I went for for the subwoofer upgrade. I ended up unplugging it as the rattling around the console is horrible.
Definitely one thing I really miss on my boat. The rattling was awesome. Of course it was only rattling my insides which was why I loved it! Haha

Back