Super cheap underseat LED light project

chucktuna

Reaction score
I've had these LED cheapies from walmart all summer and finally got around to pulling the boat out of the water and running some wires for them.

Pic are pretty self explanatory :

I powered them up with the 2 rockers that are all wired, but unused. The switches came with the LED side light package, ready to crimp on some matching connectors:

Can never have enough of these puppies:

I was worried that the 3M adhesive wouldn't stick to the mesh under seat material, but amazingly it stuck very well. If it fails later on, I have a plan B

Ran a quick wire job under the boat using the speaker wire holes , then over to the console:

End result one in front Starboard side and one rear port side:

Nice, but I'd be a little concerned of wire chafing on threads of the bolt you zip tied it too. I'd at least put a short length of wire loom at that spot to at protect it there. 

Nice, but I'd be a little concerned of wire chafing on threads of the bolt you zip tied it too. I'd at least put a short length of wire loom at that spot to at protect it there. 

Yea, I did change that up when I went back and cleaned up the wiring. I actually used some stick on pads that you can run a zip tie through and stuck them to the cross members.  With a 9.9 I don't have to worry about under splashing.. or any splashing ;-)

Back