??? Team Bennington

seven twenty

Reaction score
I saw on another post where you stated that the warranty on the deck was lifetime "if" you purchased the boat new. I purchased a 20Fsi in June with 14 hrs on it. Technically that made it a used boat and I also paid for a warranty transfer. Are those 14 hrs enough to alter the "lifetime" part of the warranty? They were just the break-in on the engine. Just curious, after seeing the post I read the fine print and saw that the deck was listed as a 10 yr item. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw on another post where you stated that the warranty on the deck was lifetime "if" you purchased the boat new. I purchased a 20Fsi in June with 14 hrs on it. Technically that made it a used boat and I also paid for a warranty transfer. Are those 14 hrs enough to alter the "lifetime" part of the warranty? They were just the break-in on the engine. Just curious, after seeing the post I read the fine print and saw that the deck was listed as a 10 yr item. :)
Let's give it a try here! The lifetime STRUCTURAL WARRANTY, including the deck, is warrantied for life to the first/original owner of the boat. This portion of the warranty is transferrable to a second owner within the first 10 YEARS of original owner registration. The second owner gets what is remaining of the first 10 years of the original structural warranty. If you bought a 2008 Bennington (originally registered in 2008) in 2010, you would get 8 years of structural warranty, through 2018. (The warranty transfer form must be completed in order to activate the new owner's warranty.) The 5-year bow-to stern warranty is not transferrable. All portions of the Bennington warranty include materials and labor, non-pro-rated.

Hope this helps clarify. You can also find the information in the written warranty statement. TB

Just to clear up the mud. The original owner gets lifetime, if transfered to 2nd owner lifetime downgrades into a 10 year not a lifetime warranty but only what remains of ten years?

What constitutes a lifetime? Most companies limit the lifetime to 25-30 years or until they go belly up before that.

Just to clear up the mud. The original owner gets lifetime, if transfered to 2nd owner lifetime downgrades into a 10 year not a lifetime warranty but only what remains of ten years?

What constitutes a lifetime? Most companies limit the lifetime to 25-30 years or until they go belly up before that.
Yes, in shorthand, your first statement is correct! For the original owner, lifetime means lifetime, no time limit.

:) TB

Yes, in shorthand, your first statement is correct! For the original owner, lifetime means lifetime, no time limit.

:) TB
Thanks

Now I'm pickin up what your putting down. B)

Back