Tears in ottoman and bow gate seat

Talbot

Reaction score
Well the new boat was great, we were able to use it 19 out of 20 days while on holidays, I will try to post pics and write a review later.

We did manage to get a couple of small tears in the ottoman and bow gate seats, both near the bottom. Pretty sure it is from my kids constantly moving and sliding them around the boat, probably snagged on a carpet snap.

My question, is there an easy way to repair or patch the tears? I don't really want to have them reupholstered as I'm sure they will tear again.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Hi Shawn, sorry I don't have an answer for you but I saw your post and wanted to say Hi.

Saw your pin on the Bennington Owners Locator map and just wrote about you. That looks like one huge lake in the Nortwest Territories and you have the distiction of being our most northern Bennington Owner [by far]. Bulldog has written in the spring that his lake isstill frozen and you look to be hours above him on the map. Welcome aboard.

Anxious to see what others post; I looked at the pix of the 2013 boat show and thgought that bow seat really looked nice and completed the look of the Benny and was starting to think about adding one but your post is making me cautious.

We still had ice on the big lake until late June, it is beautiful up here but not really ideal for pontoons. We leave ours in Sunny BC, took the family down for a 20 day holiday and the coldest day was 29 C.

The bow seat really does tie in the front nicely and I wouldn't think twice about ordering it, I have 3 boys (8, 15 & 17) and they were constantly moving the seat and ottoman. One minute they were running and jumping off the front of the boat, then switch the chair and over the side they go. In addition to my boys we always had several of my kids friends on with us, we all had great fun but the boat did get put through its paces.

I am sure that if I was the only one moving the chair or had a rule were it stays in one spot only, it would be perfectly fine.

Other then that, the boat was great, the holiday was excellent and we are already counting down the days until next summer.

ST

Back