Thanks TomS!!

lakeliving

Reaction score
I just wanted to provide another example of how great this forum is and the knowledge here at our fingertips. As some of you know I had ordered a new canopy for a used lift we picked up. Dropped it off back in February and was told it would take approx. 3 weeks. Well to spare the details, 3 weeks has turned into going on 11 and no canopy. Detective Tom shed some light on the case, provided me with who is probably working on it and Bingo, cover will be ready for pickup tomorrow with only hours to spare before the boat arrives. Apparently the dealer got him the end hoop of my canopy only two weeks ago, and sat on it before then even after multiple status update calls. The lift dealer uses an outfit in IN so it will be 4+ hours of drive time there and back but I'll finally be set. Thanks again Tom and sorry for bothering you on that conference call!! I'll have some pictures up tomorrow. I'm not going to advise who I went through by name but they are based out of Whitmore Lake MI.

Thanks Andy. Glad to help out and I hope it fits like a glove!

Awesome! Glad to hear it is resolved and everything is going to work out on time.

Update: Got a call from the owner of Starr lifts. He advised the canopy shop cannot sell directly to me the cover as if has his companies name on it. So the order has been cancelled and I am back to square one. Nothing like being proactive back in February to make sure your lift is ready to go only to have an incompetent lift dealer with no customer service twiddle their thumbs for over two months. Good luck to them selling a canopy made for my lift to someone else...

What a crock of $%^&! Should we go break someone's knee caps?

Are you cancelling the whole setup?

Cancelled the vinyl top. Dealer has had it since feb. Owner called today and gave me a bunch of attitude, (TomS can verify their character) told me it is too soon to be on the lake, doesn't know what my hurry is etc. I told him it is up to me when I'll boat, have my lift in etc and it should not take over 11 weeks to get a canopy that was suppose to take 3 per them. He kept trying to use the old used car sales line of he wants to make it right, and to them that meant I had so sit around for another week and hopefully he would get it to me then. No thanks, I'll take my business elsewhere. I asked the vinyl guy, who has been great to take a picture of the canopy bow he has to show there was no damage to it while it was in his possession before they pick it up and bring it back to the dealer near me. I don't know how they are in business... I'm pissed right now. And another thing, The owners son called me earlier after I told him to cancel "You have a starr lift, you're going to piss off the owners of starr lift, what if you need parts?" I told him I would sell the lift and he hung up on me. Nothing like getting harassed because you want a product you paid for months ago. My lesson to never pay in full again. He did state I would be getting a refund though. And I recorded the conversation just in case. Maybe you'll see me on judge judy soon if I don't get the refund!

Refund is being processed right now, receipt is being mailed to me.

Way to go. I don't get how some people do business or stay in business. If I'm spending MY money, I want it my way.

Way to go. I don't get how some people do business or stay in business. If I'm spending MY money, I want it my way.
The strange thing is there was no reason this had to happen. These guys could have just taken care of it for Andy and been done. I'm just glad he got his refund. Fortunately there are other people who can do the work competently. It just takes more time.

Back