The first step to a stereo!

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Well, I've just made my first step to having a great stereo in the boat! My cousin who isn't even finished installing all his stereo equipment, is buying the new Sinister series Wet Sounds amps. So he now has "extra" Wet Sounds amps. He has 3 Syn4's, a Syn2 and a Syn1 that with these new amps he can replace all of them with only 3 amps total. He is crazy, he doesn't even have 10 hours on his MB Sport B52, but due to his never ending stereo desires, I picked up a Syn4! Haha now I just have to save up for the rest of the system, oh and wait for snow to melt!!!

Derrick

Hey you are around..... I thought maybe the snow was so deep up there, you could not get a signal for the Internet..... Lol !!!

Ha. Ha. Sure, pick on the poor Canadian! Then Gee goes and puts those amazing photos on and throws salt in the wound! Haha just been busy weighing the pros and cons of whether or not I should buy the wife something for Christmas. I've come to the conclusion that it's probably best for everyone around her that I do. So I came up with the perfect gift, a blender! I mean really, what woman wouldn't LOVE a blender right? Haha don't worry, I'm not idiot and buy her something like a iron! Well, at least not after the fit she threw LAST year! Who knew? I mean, she always complained about ironing my clothes, so I figured hey, there MUST be something wrong with the IRON! Turned out THAT wasn't the problem! Hehe I jest, I jest! I did buy her a blender though, one of those fancy VitaMix ones, she likes smoothies and wrecked our KitchenAid one, and I figure hey if she's already making one, it's just as easy to throw in a little more and make two! Wow, WAAAYYY off topic, but since it was my topic, I'm okay with that!

As for the stereo, I questioned Tim at Wet Sounds(phenomenal guy by the way) about doing a free air sub and picking up one of the other amps from my cousin for that, he thought my best bet would be the AS-10 sub/amp/box combo, so I figure I'll do that and switch out the Kicker speakers for the XS-650's, which are awe inspiring to begin with. Pretty sure that's what you get when you opt for the Wet Sounds upgrade in our boats now, although not sure what, if any, amp they use on the 650's.

Derrick

Gee Derrick..... Why not go for broke and buy her a vacuum too..... :)

She can't throw that as easy .......

My wife got 1/2 the 2275RLi ........ That's our gift to each other for next five years !!!!

Back