The maiden voyage of my 2275 RLi

goldnrod24

Reaction score
Delivery day: May 14, 2011..... rained all weekend.

Maiden voyage day: May 29, 2011..... here's a picture of the captain at the helm.

normal_Maiden_Voyage_013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Maiden voyage day: May 29, 2011..... here's a picture of the captain at the helm.

Sweet! You look mighty happy in your new Bennington and with a Bud Light in hand! Enjoy!

Can't wait to get mine. Being built starting Monday.

Cool and congrats. I see you still can't get that grin off your face. LOL

Very nice to see you finally got on the water, way better than the polebarn cruises! We got ours out this weekend as well, and will post a few pics when i get the camera back from Brenda, i left it in her tote bag. How did your new baby perform? I'm sure you had as hard a time as i did sticking to the break in procedure! Tell us more and post some more pics! And by the way did you get busted down in rank Commodore? :D

I have just recently joined the "club" and this is my first post. Congrats on your new boat! I plan to order a 2275RLi (with ESP package) later this summer unless I can find a 2009 (or newer) model for sale. I was thinking a 150hp(or higher) Yamaha 4-stroke. Do you now prefer an engine horsepower greater than 115 on your boat? Is there anything that you do not like about your boat/engine, performance,etc? Did you tour the production plant before ordering your boat? Just curious. I know it depends on how one plans to use a boat...just cruising, pulling skiers, etc. I would appreciate your candid opinion because I plan to order just ONE boat and keep it in the family indefinitely. Thank you in advance! RonH

I have just recently joined the "club" and this is my first post. Congrats on your new boat! I plan to order a 2275RLi (with ESP package) later this summer unless I can find a 2009 (or newer) model for sale. I was thinking a 150hp(or higher) Yamaha 4-stroke. Do you now prefer an engine horsepower greater than 115 on your boat? Is there anything that you do not like about your boat/engine, performance,etc? Did you tour the production plant before ordering your boat? Just curious. I know it depends on how one plans to use a boat...just cruising, pulling skiers, etc. I would appreciate your candid opinion because I plan to order just ONE boat and keep it in the family indefinitely. Thank you in advance! RonH
Ron,

Welcome to the forum. I just took delivery of my RCW 2275 with a Yamaha 250hp SHO outboard which has similar weight to the one you are considering. I drove the dealers boat with a 150hp and the performance was OK but not overwhelming. The 150hp will be more than adequate for the way most people use their toons, cruising around at a leisurely pace. But when you load up your toon with people, gear etc. and start to do watersports, you will appreciate all the power you can get. Just my 2c.

Goldnrod,

Having a hard time containing that grin aren't you? Enjoy!!!!

... I plan to order just ONE boat and keep it in the family indefinitely. Thank you in advance! RonH
You know, I can't say as I recall anyone ever saying that he wished he'd bought LESS horsepower.

Hi Ron: Welcome to the club. I'll try to answer your questions, but there's no "one size fits all" answers.

First off, I was trying to keep to a $25K price point, w/o trailer. A 2275 w/tritoons or ESP is just not in that ballpark, regardless of manufacturer. And yes, I would have loved a 150 (or bigger), but again, that's not at my price. I ended up getting this 2010 in December for just a wee bit over my target.

My plan is to have a boat that I can enjoy while knowing my young "adult" kids can come up to the lake and use it without me wondering if it's "too much boat" for novices.

I really haven't found anything about the 2275 that I don't like because I've only logged 8 hours as part of the break in. So far, it's been great. I get a lot of compliments. Yesterday, I mounted the Racor fuel filter/water separator and the mount for the propane grill.

As I said, the ESP and 150 are pretty good features. If you can afford the extra $10K (or more?)extra, I say go for it. For me, I'm real happy at my price point. I see my same boat/motor in a 2011 model for $32-34K, so I think I did just fine.

Again, welcome to the club.

Back