The Saturday after Thanksgiving...

Drove around in the POURING RAIN looking for Hot Wheels .... my hobby of the month ... :p

Drove around in the POURING RAIN looking for Hot Wheels .... my hobby of the month ... :p
As my dad would say, "Is all that money burning a hole in your pocket?"

Although I haven't done anything with them for a while , my "toy" hobby is farm toys. I've got piles of the stuff! Sometimes we're just kids stuck in an old man's body! Haha!

Glad I got the boat ride out of the way yesterday! Today you'd look like Capt. Sig on the Northwestern out there with our 40+ mph winds and the snow that's started!

Let's see........My daughter came down for Thanksgiving so since the weather was crappy and our boat is hibernating we supported Small Business Saturday. They bought all kinds of stuff from small local businesses. Then I bought an 85 inch Sony for the family room......

With the boat all away for its long winter's nap, I busied myself in my workshop trying to bring an old single stage snow blower back to life. Then it was off to taste some wine. o_O

Just cleaned out the garage and took a ride in the golf cart. Probably jump in the pool later. Put some Christmas lights up yesterday in my shorts so that was weird.

As my dad would say, "Is all that money burning a hole in your pocket?"

At buy one get one 75% off, it worked out to .62 cents each. My employees gave me a lotto ticket back in October and it hit for $100 so they were basically free .... :D:D

said goodbye to our overnight family guests (12), watched college Football (Roll Tide!), ate leftovers, played with the kids. thats about it.

tree2.jpg tree3.jpg tree.jpg Chainsawed the tree parts from the Bradford Pears that came down with the ice storm we got the week before Thanksgiving. I cannot add anymore to the burn pile and it is too wet to burn. It's a mess.

Last edited:
Volunteered to help man a gate at Spartan Stadium in 40 degree weather punctuated by light rain most of the day. Suffice to say, lots of empty seats...

Volunteered to help man a gate at Spartan Stadium in 40 degree weather punctuated by light rain most of the day. Suffice to say, lots of empty seats...
Empty seats for that powerhouse 1-11 Rutgers??? Ha!

View attachment 23772 View attachment 23773 View attachment 23771 Chainsawed the tree parts from the Bradford Pears that came down with the ice storm we got the week before Thanksgiving. I cannot add anymore to the burn pile and it is too wet to burn. It's a mess.
Yup Bradford pears are beautiful pyramidal shaped trees. Unfortunately they are top heavy and vulnerable to breakage. I lost 3 in a heavy rain/windstorm before we left Virginia. One literally split in half. My father lost one in a storm in Maryland. We cut it down to the stump. New growth came out of the stump and it eventually grew into another tree ....

I watched college football all day mixed with our annual Christmas decorating of our home. I mainly do the exterior, and then lightly assist my wife with the interior of the house. We get into our holiday decorating!

Next weekend we go up to our cottage on Houghton Lake where the decorating is on a more restrained scale. That said, I cannot help but to put up some exterior Christmas lights and decorations. Somewhat minimal, but still looks and feels great when we are up there.

:)

Back