This is what you do not want to see in the morning.

Reaction score
We had severe thunderstorm go though late Sunday night. I first noticed something was wrong about 2:30 a.m. I took the photos once there was enough light. Boat and lift were out of the water soon after, (thanks to a great rigging crew though my dealer). Fences, console, pedestal seats, toons, bimini and just about everything is someway bent/broken/dented, shallow enough to hit bottom, to say nothing of being soaked. 2011 SFI with, (hold your breath), 5 hours on the clock.

I gotta have a new/different/better plan before I drop a new one in the water!!

5933541608_e3865f1a76_m.jpg

5932982007_07a80d475c_m.jpg

5932983429_404516e244_m.jpg

Ouch man. That is a real downer. I know how long it takes to get one to start with and to have Mother Nature take it from you so quickly. Words really cannot express.

We had severe thunderstorm go though late Sunday night. I first noticed something was wrong about 2:30 a.m. I took the photos once there was enough light. Boat and lift were out of the water soon after, (thanks to a great rigging crew though my dealer). Fences, console, pedestal seats, toons, bimini and just about everything is someway bent/broken/dented, shallow enough to hit bottom, to say nothing of being soaked. 2011 SFI with, (hold your breath), 5 hours on the clock.

I gotta have a new/different/better plan before I drop a new one in the water!!

5933541608_e3865f1a76_m.jpg

5932982007_07a80d475c_m.jpg

5932983429_404516e244_m.jpg
OH NO sorry to see what happened,hope the insurance takes care of everything for you.

Ron

So sorry to hear. Hope it's replaced without a hassle.

Good luck.

WOW that really sucks. How high were the winds?. Last year I lost my previous boat in a fire so I understand the shock. Fortunatly the insurance company stepped up and took care of it quickly. On the positive side at least nobody was hurt.

That's a heartbreaker, very sorry to see your toon wrecked. I am glad that you and your family where not hurt. I guess now you can consider any upgades? Best of luck and hope you get back on the water soon!

WOW that really sucks. How high were the winds?". Last year I lost my previous boat in a fire so I understand the shock. Fortunatly the insurance company stepped up and took care of it quickly. On the positive side at least nobody was hurt.
Thanks to all for you kind words.

I heard up to 70mph, however no definitive proof. The insurance company is evaluating on Mon/Tues next week. The early word from the dealer is that the boat & lift are a total loss.

It is like I have been telling local friends, others have more immediate damage/needs than a boat being flipped.

My view from a boating standpoint is that this is the opportunity to change/upgrade etc (as stated in a later post). It will be a Bennington and black, just might be some "other things" as well. A pop up HDTV that can pull in Saturday MLB comes to mind!! Hmmm, 3G? Slingbox?

Oh wait... anchoring system for boat lift, anchoring system for boat lift, anchoring system for boat lift...

My SFi is in the water, tied to a dock, not on a lift, and I've been through 2 bad T storms so far this summer. Boat seems very solid where it sits. So far, so good,,,,cross fingers. Sorry for your loss.

So sorry to see this but glad you are ok. Hopefully your insurance carrier will take care of you.

Back