Three Batteries

The Bus Man

Reaction score
I have never owned a Bennington, Just inherited a very nice 2004 227 FSi, 22' pontoon. It has a battery on the back and in the front corners, it has space and wiring for two more. One in each corner. Why are there three batteries and do I need all three?

Welcome to the forum Busman! The boat you inherited is a fishing model. The 2 in the front are for electronic trolling motors. If you don't plan to fish or "troll" you do not need them in my opinion ......

I have never owned a Bennington, Just inherited a very nice 2004 227 FSi, 22' pontoon. It has a battery on the back and in the front corners, it has space and wiring for two more. One in each corner. Why are there three batteries and do I need all three?
Welcome to the forum Busman! The boat you inherited is a fishing model. The 2 in the front are for electronic trolling motors. If you don't plan to fish or "troll" you do not need them in my opinion ......
Thanks for the information.

Welcome! Ya get that extra weight off the bow. What about all the wires? Eliminate them?

Back