Throttle Lever Position

Bubba

Reaction score
We have a 2021 Q25 powered by a Mercury 350, either the Captains chair mounted incorrectly or the the throttle control are in a bad spot. Several times while tubing our Grandchildren and when swiveling the captain chair around the right arm rest (no matter if up or down) will hit the throttle. I've had it happen way too often causing the boat to lurch forward, even had it happen pushing the throttle into reverse, very bad design. In order for the arm not to hit the throttle lever I have to slide the seat all the way forward, which for me is not a safe way to operate the boat. I will attempt to remove the arm rest this weekend to see if that helps and will post updates. Any other owners have similar experience? Thanks!

2022 Q25 for me and nope, no problem. 2018 Q25 not an issue either.

I have a 2022 QCW and had a 2020 QCW no issues on either

Can you supply some pictures, or do a short video? That might help some chime in if they see anything different about your seat location compared to their own on the Q’s.

Picture for sure would help, but generally speaking the chair should be centered from the steering wheel not offset. And sounds like you have a side-mount throttle which will definitely be more susceptible to interference.

I am confident that Bennington would like to rectify this situation. Have you spoke with dealer?

I thought there was a safety sticker warning not to spin chair with engine running? I’ll have to check mine but I know I saw that warning somewhere.

I pull skiers and tubers its a simple fix, get a ski mirror plus you should never be looking back via turning around, always face forward when pulling someone and glance at the mirror. Also that is why you have a spotter.

No spotter, no tubing or skiing for us either, in addition to the legal aspect. I haven’t gotten a good mirror yet…6 years in and counting…but keep eyeing the PTX ones everyone raves about in these forums. Perhaps someday.

Anyway, I’d strongly suggest looking into something like that if in addition to a spotter, you want to keep an occasional eye on water sports participants behind the boat.

My QX Sport has this same issue. However there is a warning sticker that clearly states the seat is to be locked in the non swivel position when operating boat. When the seat is locked in position there is no issue…

Dan

I pull skiers and tubers its a simple fix, get a ski mirror plus you should never be looking back via turning around, always face forward when pulling someone and glance at the mirror. Also that is why you have a spotter.
Back in the day we never pulled skiiers without a spotter! Now that we're legally able to pull a skiier with a mirror I pull my wife up all the time! We're by ourselves 95% of the time! But I do prefer a spotter when we have one!

Back