throttle

Allan56

Reaction score
question - my 2017 mercury 90 HP motor wouldn't start last week , lanyard was on- I was sure it was in neutral so charged the battery but still wouldn't start but the radio and access. were all on with the key in the on position- long story short it seems that even when in neutral the throttle still needs to be pulled all the way back towards reverse to start the motor (which it did) - it's only my 2nd season boating so not a lot of experience with a lot of this stuff - does this sound right ? thanks for any info

question - my 2017 mercury 90 HP motor wouldn't start last week , lanyard was on- I was sure it was in neutral so charged the battery but still wouldn't start but the radio and access. were all on with the key in the on position- long story short it seems that even when in neutral the throttle still needs to be pulled all the way back towards reverse to start the motor (which it did) - it's only my 2nd season boating so not a lot of experience with a lot of this stuff - does this sound right ? thanks for any info
ask your dealer if you have a neutral safety switch and if it can be adjusted. The switch prevents the motor from starting in gear.

Yup, throttle needs adjustment.

Back