To Sharkhide or Not

slyguy

Reaction score
Ordering a boat.  Should I get "sharkhided" from the factory?  I don't like wasting money, I plan on polishing the toons in a year or two.  How do I know Bennington did it?  Seems like a pretty good deal, if it works.  Will it prevent it from oxidizing?   WDYT?  

If you are going to wait a year or two to polish then yes ,order it .Sharkhide needs to be reapplied every 2 or 3 years .

If you are going to polish right away then I would not order it .

I ordered it ,when it is time to reapply that is when the polishing will get done .

Do it.

It will come with a tag saying Sharkhide applied.

You'll know in 2-3 weeks if it wasn't. Trust us.

I purchased my 2012 Benni from the orginal owner, it had 24 hours on it, the Sharhide had peeled.   The owner said he would have it re-applied before I took delivery, it was to late the oxidation had already happened.....

I am not a fan of Sharkhide once it has peeled off.....Keep in mind, the owner had only had the boat in the water three times......

This will be our 4th season w/this application of Sharkhide. It hasn't peeled but has rubbed off in a few spots. I'm going to have my toons acid washed this spring. Haven't decided if I'm going to reapply it. I take it out of the water after using the boat every time anyway............

Back