Today's the day!

Why is it put away already?????? It's not dark yet! 

Beautiful boat inside and out and a nice garage to put her in. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was built specifically for it.

Very nice! Love the colors both inside and out. Excellent job! Is that practice fluid for your drinking team on the bow?

Just beautiful! Who got cut off in the picture?!?

Thanks, all. Had a great time putting on 2.8 hours today. 

I was headed out of town about 8 this morning to the home improvement store and glanced at the lake. FAC. I knew the weather was going to turn in the afternoon, so I called the dealer and said, "Screw that 2 pm appointment, I'm coming for it right now.

I had her splashed by 10:30 and we got in a great break-in boat ride.

Hit a max of 38 for just a brief period. Maxed out showing a tick under 6000 rpm.

Great boat; I'm very happy!

Awesome! That first picture was the money shot for sure, quite the grin :)

Thanks, all. Had a great time putting on 2.8 hours today. 

I was headed out of town about 8 this morning to the home improvement store and glanced at the lake. FAC. I knew the weather was going to turn in the afternoon, so I called the dealer and said, "Screw that 2 pm appointment, I'm coming for it right now.

I had her splashed by 10:30 and we got in a great break-in boat ride.

Hit a max of 38 for just a brief period. Maxed out showing a tick under 6000 rpm.

Great boat; I'm very happy!

Randy, how are you propped? I'm AT 39 mph with a 250 spinning a 13p because my dealer says that's what it should be. :(

Randy, how are you propped? I'm AT 39 mph with a 250 spinning a 13p because my dealer says that's what it should be. :(

15.6x13P Enertia.

Someone approves!

9C87FBBC-C7C6-4B97-AF52-3D614D861355_zpsyjxkz4zh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Randy. If you like your SLX21 even half as much as we do ours, that smile will stay there for a long time. Even the cheap rotomolded seat bases on our boat can't dampen our spirits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful boat inside and out and a nice garage to put her in. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was built specifically for it.

It pretty much was designed for it (actually for my previous 2275 Rli). I wanted a building with doors tall enough to permit me to pull in without having to lower the top. And by pull, I wanted to be able to pull through, hence the doors on both ends.

After a long battle with the town's zoning board of appeals, we settled on this version. It is 18' X 36' with 14' walls. The doors are 13' high.

Right next to this one is a slightly shorter and smaller building for everything else. Both are Spartan Green and White, by the way!

0FD8922E-E269-4B46-991B-860DA7A7B769_zps9h78eo3n.jpg

Of course they are! Obviously, you did it the right way. I like the metal posts at the corners, and being able to pull-through is awesome. You must have a bit of real estate available.

Randy, you have to update your signature now!!  :p

I was looking over your pics again and I notice you have something draped over your console, what is it?  Is for something specific?

I was looking over your pics again and I notice you have something draped over your console, what is it?  Is for something specific?

The helm on the SLXP (premium) looks like it's made from 2 pieces. BM used a piece of vinyl to cover this seam and finish it off.

It looks kinda chintzy to me, but I just mash the throttle and forget all about it.

The helm on the SLXP (premium) looks like it's made from 2 pieces. BM used a piece of vinyl to cover this seam and finish it off.

It looks kinda chintzy to me, but I just mash the throttle and forget all about it.

Ahhhh I see.  Never seen that before, thought it was maybe something you put on.  

The throttle on any Bennington will make you forget about a lot of things!  :D

Congrats, Randy. Beautiful boat!

I think it makes it look "regal".

You must have a bit of real estate available.

Actually no. That's part of the reason I ended up with 2 buildings. The ordinance restricts sq footage of outbuildings to a percentage of the dwelling's footprint and height based on the height of the dwelling. Unfortunately, the dwelling is a small one.

Then there are lot line setbacks, percentage of lot coverage allowed, etc. and it got real complicated real fast.

Ultimately, I was able to come up with an acceptable plan that got me the space I wanted.

Back