Toddler flotation devices

Reaction score
What are your suggestions for a 1 year old flotation device while we are parked and swimming beyond a life jacket?

75511043470907p

Aqua Leisure® Deluxe Tot Trainer with Safety Strap in Yellow
Help your child gain confidence in the water with the Aqua Leisure Deluxe Trainer. The easy-inflating, durable inner tube provides optimal buoyancy and mobility while learning. Its soft fabric lining and adjustable strap ensure a comfy and proper fit.
upload_2018-2-14_7-53-33.jpeg upload_2018-2-14_7-53-59.jpegupload_2018-2-14_7-54-22.jpeg

Some friends used this in the No-Wake Zone Beach Area for their Grand Cjild
We are more cautious and paranoid ... I never placed our grandchildren in Our Lake at one year old.
I am more comfortable in a kids pool , our Lake is too active in my opinion

We always kept our little guy in the small lifejacket with the big foam pad behind their head like the ones on the right that Pittsburgh shared

We used the same as Andy (lakeliving) with our grandson. Easy to use and always seemed safe.

Same here! Keep both our little ones in a life vest anywhere around the dock or on the boat. Mine both love wearing them so it not an issue. If we anchor or beach and it a slope into the water I let them go without while I’m next to them. Won’t learn to swim in the bath tub!!

Ours kids lived in and loved the Aqua leisure deluxe with the small inner tube around it when they were growing up years ago. We used them in the lake and around the pool. Felt very safe in it and were able to paddle around and "swim" in them. Would jump off the boat and diving board in them. Were very secure and very buoyant! And back then they didn't have the safety strap and never a problem with them coming off. Came in different colors and each of the kid had there own inner tube top and knew tha=ey had to have them on if they were near the pool or lake. My wife and I felt very comfortable with them around the water with them on. One of the BEST purchases we ever made!

Sorry for the typos! Plan to get them for our grandkids when that time comes!

First grandchild this summer at the lake house. I was planning to go with the vest style with head support. The "inner-tube" type worry me. A child could get turned upside down and not be able to turn back over ?

I agree. Would not use for a 1 yr old but for ages 3-4 who are learning tho swim they were great. We saw no
risk of getting flipped over at that age

That was fun to watch. You can tell that family spends a lot of time in the water.

Back