Took delivery today!!!

We got the electric bimini last year on our 2017 24’ SSBXP. We LOVE it. Push a button and its up or down. Awesome convenience, particular when returning to our lift and wanting to put it down quickly.

So far, holds up under speeds topping out in the low to mid 40mph range (although we have only had it up twice at those speeds - does have some motion at 35+ mph).

Certainly no worries at all in normal cruising speeds.

I see you have a 24' SPS with a 200hp. We are ordering a GSR, but it's a 24' too, with a 200hp. I'm really torn between the SPS or the ESP bottom because we're on a pretty rough lake. Are you happy with the SPS bottom?

Just jumping here, I’m sure Viking will jump on this as well!! SPS w/200 is a great combination! Going with the ESP hull would even be an improvement over the SPS, it had a little more boyancy and will carve harder than the SPS. Note there’s an EEP option too which is the partial center toon. That will offer boyancy and ride over a twin tube bit won’t carve like a SPS or ESP!
If it was available on our floor plan we would of went with the ESP...... beside you can get another 50/100 hp on it without giving up capacity depend on the length.

1DDA513F-9D26-401C-B2CD-9E8CF0E5884B.jpeg 1DDA513F-9D26-401C-B2CD-9E8CF0E5884B.jpeg 5A9C9A5B-87E5-48E5-8077-0AC386E60888.jpeg 8BB6D43B-4DC8-4BA1-8E19-811E4205958F.jpeg 30738614-BC54-490A-BEF2-69B3D8143292.jpeg More pics......

Illibuck - Awesome additional pictures! She looks great in the water.

Baja - I would echo much of what adkboater said. We LOVE the SPS and it works great with our boat, doing water sports or just cruising on our large and at times rough water lake. The 200hp pairs up really well with our S-series boat, and the SPS. I certainly recommend the set up. Nice weight to hp ratio, that delivers lots of big grins and smiles.

The ESP will deliver even MORE in terms of buoyancy and ride, and allows for larger horsepower motors paired with a much bigger gas tank. A G-series will be heavier than my S series, and an ESP will be heavier than the SPS, particularly when filling up the much larger gas tank. So my thoughts would be:

IF you stay with a 200 hp, I think I’d lean towards the SPS for handling, hp to weight ratio (particularly with a full tank of gas - smaller tank = less weight when full). I would say you cannot go wrong with this combination what so ever. I think its a great compromise between trying to keep an eye on boat build costs, but still get high performance and a great handling boat in most water conditions.

IF its in the budget to add 50-100+ hp to your build and still go up to an ESP, then I would do that. The ESP is going to give the BEST ride performance, particularly on rougher waters. IF on something like LOTO, rough salt water, Great Lakes, then the ESP would do the best job. However, with that upgrade, I’d want the extra horse power to compensate for the extra weight (G-series+ESP+large fuel tank), thus still delivering the same or better acceleration, hole shot, etc as you would get with a lighter boat with an SPS and a 200hp motor.

I had a 2275 RCW with ESP and a 200 and it was GREAT! Handled amazing and sold a couple who had a 150hp tritoon on Bennington and ESP in one power turn at 30mph. Obviously the luxury and comfort played a big role too. Top speed for me was right in around 42-44 if I remember correctly. Loved it, for the one season I had it.

Very nice looking Benny's!!!!!

Back