Took the Benny out for the first time today

patcraver

Reaction score
We launched the Benny on the Allegheny River this afternoon. The river was like glass it was clear and calm, we got it up to 39.5 (GPS), we were told not to run at WOT for more than one consecutive minute until we get 10 hours on the motor, and it handled excellent. I didn't want to push it too much but made a few quick turns when we were doing about 20 and it was awesome. I can't believe how smooth it rides and especially at WOT. The Raymarine Dragonfly fish finder is really nice and seemed to work flawlessly, still have to mess around with it some more. Launching and putting the boat back on the trailer was much easier than we expected. Next time we take it out my wife is going to take some video from the shore of me doing some fast turns since there aren't any videos online anywhere of an SPS turning.

Looking forward to the videos! So are you going back out tomorrow??? Just kidding.

Haha I would its gonna be mid 70s tomorrow here but we have to go to my in laws for Easter.

Congrats glad the weather and water cooperated.

Hey patcraver,

Congrats and looking forward to the video. It looks like you have a great boat and glad the trip turned out so nice. We are also trying to ours broke in. We are up to 5 hours now and wishing for more time to get out on the lake.

Marc

Thanks Iraq 69! We can't wait to get it back out, we can start leaving it docked at the marina May 1st and that can't come quick enough. I want to get it out again before that. It looks like you have similar setup as we do, what do you think about it so far? It has honestly exceeded my expectations, I never thought it would turn the way it does.

By the way lakeliving, I bet you hit 45 with the 200. Maybe more. I'm excited to see what that thing can do, hope I don't develop PADs for the 200!

I'm hoping for 45 so we'll see!

Hey patcraver,

This boat exceeds our expectations by a long shot!! It rides, runs and turns better than we had hoped for. We'd be out again today if not for the rain. Our work schedules and weather seem to work against us most of the time!!

Have fun on the water,

Marc

Back