Toon Rail Support

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the Toon Rail Support for a Shorestation lift? If so are you happy with it? Or is there a cheaper route to go for a Tritoon conversion ?

Hi Illinois,  

I had the toon rail guides put on my hydraulic shore station lift for my SPS this year.  So far it has worked really well.  The only potential downside is in very shallow locations as the rails require more height clearance than the bunks.  I have had to bury my posts in order to get the cradle down low enough as the water level fluctuates at my dock.  I think the toon rails saved me about $600 to $800 compared to the triple bunk system (going by memory).  Feel free to come back with any other questions.

Hello dmhflash,

I'm in probably 3 ft. of water. Deep enough to work for me?

Thanks for the response !

I have a Hewitt vertical lift with a tritoon. I use bars that are similar to this, in that they lift the boat from under the deck, not under the toons. This actually lets me use the lift in shallower water than if I had used the bunks that go under the toons. Both methods ultimately transfer the load to the lift beams that run perpendicular to the toons, but by lifting from the deck, I can effectively set the height of these supports so that there is just a hair of a gap between the bottom of the toons and the top of the lift beam. If I used the bunks, this distance would be several inches, i.e.  the height of the bunks, mounting hardware, etc., effectively requiring more water depth to make it work.

Back