TOP Speed run..... hmmmmm ..... Thoughts

My trim gauge is adjusted to where my boat runs its fastest at 3/4 position with the nosecones well out of the water. When I start off @ 3/4th, I sometimes get a very little ventilation, but planed off it runs great.

When doing speed runs or testing props, you really have to play with the trim and compare speed and rpm's. The higher my motor's trimmed out, the faster it'll go--at least until a little ventilation happens.

I swear that these things fly like a tunnel hull boat above the 30's. You can feel the air getting under the hull and lifting the boat as speed increases toward 40 mph. Who knows if the bimini also adds to the lifting of the hull? It almost seems that my boat's faster in a little rough water than glassy, smooth water.

I always start off w/the trim all the way down. Then after it planes I'll adjust the trim depending on how fast I want to go or on the water conditions. Whether the water is like glass or if it's choppy...........I very rarely trim it past 1/2............

I swear that these things fly like a tunnel hull boat above the 30's.
I can't say that my toon ever felt like my tunnel LOL! I rarely look at the trim gauge. Just "seat-of-the-pants feel for me.

2ebep0l.jpg

103mph @ 660' on all motor w/ pump heads / Gorilla. No NOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez I am just a Lil man on this topic, we bought a 20slx (which we love) with a Yamaha t50. By my self with a full tank I can run 20 by my self at 6000 rpms, with two or three adults and few children I run 18 to 18.5 on GPS and 5800 rpms, which is fast enough for wife. Pulling tube with three on it I run about 16.5 to 17.5. Yes I know that's not fast enough for most people but kids kinda like it and I know no One can get hurt too bad, considering our old boat I put wife on bank (kinda why I got smaller engine) plus I can run two days on lake and only burn about 3/4 tank. It does everything we want it to do. Only time I wish I would be able to go fast is when I go fishing, it would be nicer to get out there faster, but that's ok. Best part is all the compliments I get on my boat, and they come from people with bigger boats and toons.

47mph the other day, trimmed up half way.... 3/4 tank gas and 3+ people! Think I am fixed:) Thanks all.... although find myself at times wishing I maybe went F350:) as have heard 51 out of some in a Q with sport tower for the 3 fitty. Yes to me 4mph is a big deal....ahhhhhh! Love when people are looking at each other on the boat at WOT and can't believe how this boat is moving along...

Hmmmmmm back to 42-43mph....it seems. 5600 rpm sound right, anyone else with a yami f30O? My dealer says I have a 17 pitch and thinks maybe try a 19 pitch, suggest will be slower out of the gate but could pick up 2mph on top end???? Thoughts? Thanks all.....trimmed half way up.

I find mine is faster at 3/4 up, any higher and she starts to porpoise a bit. I'm at 44.4 today 5700rpms, smooth as silk, 70 degree water, 32C with the humidex.

Weighed my boat, with me and everything on it she weighs 4680 lbs or 2122 kg. Mine also does the same as Derrick's.

looks like a few of you guys running 250sho mine 300, but maybe my wieght more in a 25 not 23 like Jareds...or Derricks 22.... thanks again you guys for the comments and thoughts...

Back