Tower Boat with Sealegs?

Semper, if your math is correct that would be only 2 WI Fellas!! Motor is 800, tower is 800. That alone would only leave you 1000# for people and gas which full would be another 400lbs, so know you can only have 600lbs for people on a 26 ft boat. Thats a lot of boat for 6 people!!!! Now throw on sea legs and I have 100lbs for people.

IMHO The sea legs have to be most of your issue. With the boat loaded the legs are like anchors dragging in the water. There is no smooth tunnel for the water to flow between the toons.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 I agree. It's like NOT having underskinning.

Semper, if your math is correct that would be only 2 WI Fellas!! Motor is 800, tower is 800. That alone would only leave you 1000# for people and gas which full would be another 400lbs, so know you can only have 600lbs for people on a 26 ft boat. Thats a lot of boat for 6 people!!!! Now throw on sea legs and I have 100lbs for people.
I would have thought the Tower is already factored in. Maybe TB can clarify that.

Follow up, 4 blade was not the answer. After a couple of hours of testing the orginal prop did the best. Dealer was able to get 48-51mph on GPS with 6 WI fellas on board. He provided the pics of GPS for proof. What they felt was that one of the sea legs was not all the way up and thus creating huge drag. We leave tomorrow for Vacation again so will be the boat to test for myself. I am very pleased as of right now that I don't have to remove Sealegs. I love them!!! No worries at night laying in bed wondering if my boat is banging against the dock, or checking boat 10 times during a storm. Everyone have a great 4th of July and stay safe!!!

Glad to hear they figured it out and what an awesome boat that is. Have a great vacation!

Happy to hear! Now it's time to enjoy!

Good luck!

Have you solved the loss of speed when loaded?

Yes, boat did high 40s with 8 adults. Sealegs do tend to hang me up though. Still debating if I'm going to remove them.

Yes, boat did high 40s with 8 adults. Sealegs do tend to hang me up though. Still debating if I'm going to remove them.
Did the gas gauge and the tach go in unison? LOL

I wonder if a custom "fairing" of sorts mounted in front off each leg might channel water more effectively. Just a thought. Sea Legs web site says you have to remove underskin and we all know the drag that causes. Steve

I'm thinking they figure out a way to have the legs sit flush against the underskin; sales are going to increase.

Hey OC, did you or do you have any pics of the underside of your boat, with the sea legs fully retracted? That would be very interesting to see. I still think some kind of system like a fighter jet's landing gear is the ticket. Have the underskinning attached to the sea leg so it creates a deflector for the water. But I've never seen them so it might not be a possibility.

Derrick, It would be difficult but I think it could be done. Anything can be done with enough money!! The back legs are the issue I believe. They are the ones that tend to grab with a heavier load or rough water. Once you get her up on top of the water its not a big issue.

I wonder if they could make the "feet" like little mini pontoons. When you go to use them they fill up with water, much like most rotomolded lifts... heck, maybe they could make them out of heavy walled plastic like the lifts, then the shapes are endless. A small pump to remove the water and make them buoyant again should not be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
So do you have any pictures?

Back