Towing from Montana to Virginia

LTCMontana

Reaction score
Pulling with my new Ram 2500 diesel.  Tires balanced.  Bearings checked and packed.  Anything else I should think about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lights working on trailer, spare tire has air, right drop on hitch so trailer is level, cover secured on pontoon if trailering with one. Have a safe trip

A jack for the spare tire.

I always carry a hydraulic floor jack anytime I'm going anywhere with any trailer.  And a T handle lug wrench, too.

Fortunately you've got a proper tow vehicle.  Our danged pontoons pull like they're 2000 lbs. heavier than they are--with such bad aerodynamics.

I hope you got a Grrrrrreat Price, gas alone is going to be incredible

The stress of that trip hauling anything is too much for most

Drove I 80 twice with U Haul hauling pickup truck Pittsburgh to San Francisco

It was an interesting trip 

7.jpg

Wishing you a safe trip  :)  

I second the good jack, 4 way lug wrench, & spare tire(s). Don't forget the tie down straps for the stern and the bow.

If you tow without a good cover, invest in some cleaning supplies to scrub the 10lbs of bugs off your furniture!

I towed 400 miles from KY to NC. Your tow vehicle has plenty of oomph to do the job but don't be surprised if she tows like you've got 10,000lbs behind you.

Thanks for the suggestions. 4 way and additional jack are going with me. Already pulled a few times and it pulls great. So far getting about 13 mpg pulling.

I like it pittsburg.....lol.....

With that on top of the car, Would we really want to receive or transmit to that device??? 

Maybe some tingling,,, might happen.

Just saying

LOL LOL LOL 

You know you would be heard with those antennas

OLD SCHOOL & Cutting Edge at the same time 

InMyDriveway.jpg

My other expensive HOBBY 

Back