Trade In Boat

Beau

Reaction score
Trading in my boat and was wondering what should go with it and what I should keep. I have a trolling Motor and New GPS/Locator on the trade boat. These items were in the pictures that I sent to the dealer when negotiating trade value, but no mention of the items or the boat accessories were ever discussed. The Purchase agreement was for boat motor and trailer. Question; Can I remove the items? or do you think the dealer could try and re-negotiate its trade in value? I am assuming they agreed on the value based on the book value of the trade-in which does not take into account added accessories.

Thanks, Beau

If he is not aware of the items ,how could he miss them ? Unless they leaves holes or something .

On my trade the dealer knows what he threw in and I offered them back because he is replacing them with new .

PFD's ,anchor,bumpers ,lines etc 

There would holes were the locator mounts to the dash.

Thanks,

I would leave it installed if removing it would leave holes .

Myself ,I would be hesitant to purchase with unused holes .

I am removing accessories to transfer to our new boat. There will be holes where the transducer was, but I will leave the Ram ball mount on the helm where I had my finder mounted so the next owner can use it and so there is no holes in the helm. You could always just put some screws in the holes.

Back