Trailer selection for Tritoons

PDX Hosedragger

Reaction score
Hi all- just curious about trailering ESP or other tri-toon boats. I couldn't find Bennington's recommendation for having center bunk supports for the middle tube. Anybody have any info on this? It seems like a lot of weight hanging off the bottom of the boat.

I have a 3 bunk trailer as it is fairly cheap to add a 3rd bunk kit to most pontoon bunk trailers. If traveling longer distances I would think it would be more stable and easier on the toon frame overall and the trailer bunks as well as the weight distribution is better. If just trailering a few miles then you could just go for a 2 bunk. My first railer was a Karavan and my current trailer is a Shorelandr both I added the 3rd bunk kit to. I think it was around 300 bucks extra.

Definitely have the third toon, you have the ability to disperse the weight over a larger area which is easier on the boat. In my opinion. Especially since you have a motor bouncing around back there!

Derrick

Like has been said, the third toon support is not that expensive. If someone does mega mile towing, it would probably be preferable.

My boat has the Express Tube, and a middle toon support is probably not needed since the motor pod is where the weight is, and it's separate of the third toon.

Either way it goes, it's important that the boat is carefully tied down to the trailer if the boat's going to be towed very far.

Back