Trailer Slides

hawk00

Reaction score
Has anuone applied trailer slides on the bunks for easy on & off. If so what brand and how many or how close did you install them or have them installed to bunks.... B)

I have a 2250, but it went right into a boat slip at the time of purchase. I purchased a 22-25 ft karavan trailer a few week later so I had a way to remove the boat & store this winter. I did get a chance to use the trailer last week to deliver my brothers new S series 20ft SLI. I backed my duel axle trailer to the top of the rear tires (not very deep) and was surprised how easy the 20SLI went on. While it probably won't harm the toon I just do not like the thought of the the toons resting on those bunk slider pads. I need to store my boat for 7 to 8 months of the year on the trailer (Northeast boater) so I am happy to just deal with the stock bunk carpet as I'd rather have the toon sitting on that VS uneven pressure from slide pads. Worst case, a bit of soapy water on the carpet will ease loading....but I was surprised how easy the boat went up on just the carpet bunks.

I did have the bunks adjusted dead on center for his toons, and I think that had alot to do with how easy the boat went up.

Back