trailerable cover

Nauset

Reaction score
New Member with a22SLX, from Cape Cod,Ma.

Looking for a good cover for use when trailering. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nauset

I contacted a local tent and awning shop. Found a good one. Cover photos in my gallery.

Pontoon boats pull like they're 1000 lbs. heavier due to very poor aerodynamics.  It's like they're a big sail.

A trailerable mooring cover or boat cover would have to be custom ordered, and I wouldn't want to pull with one due to these boats being so oversized and square. 

Not going to lie, you know the boats back there, but it's not like you're pulling a 10,000 lb camper. If you set it up right it's not that noticeable other than your pocket book (I get about 8 MPG on a 5 hour haul to LOTO). I pull my 23' GCW with 6.0 liter 1/2 ton AWD. The cover goes all the way to the deck. Helps with bugs on the front and muddy rain off the sides. I have electric brakes.

We had a trailering cover custom made, it goes below the deck and it waterproofs the boat..  It tows better with the cover on.  I towed once without a cover and it was noticeable more drag. 

Back