Trim gauge problems

snowjam10

Reaction score
I have a trim problem  on a new 2015 2375 GCW  with a  150 mercury. Trim gauge don't work, dealer has tried a new gauge and sender and still don't work. Mercury say there motors are set up for digital gauges and said Bennington may use anialog gagues. If so they have a converter that will take care of the problem. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks

Am I correct that you are referring to the trim gauge that it is built right into and is part of the Bennington Helm?  I have a Yamaha 115 and it works fine for me. I do believe that Bob from Snug Harbor once told me that there is an adjustment somewhere that perhaps will solve your problem.   If he sees this he will probably respond.

Its the gauge in the dash. Stays at full trim up all the time. Has new gauge and has new trim sender in the motor.I think the dealer is stumped.  the 150 merc is built for digital gauges, don't kown if Bennington uses digital or antilog gauges.

Maybe this thread will help Analog Gauge interface

You wouldn't have DTS, but you may have a digital trim sender. If so, a converter is necessary or an analog sender needs to go in. 

The 2012 2275 GCW that I recently purchased used has a trim gauge that does not work correctly either.  I have a 150 Yamaha. The gauge works intermittently. 

When we first got ours, 2012 GCW with Yamaha 150, the gauge would only show it down 3/4 of the way, even though it was all they way down.  The dealer did some type of adjustment, I'm not sure of the specifics, and it's been fine since.

I have a trim problem  on a new 2015 2375 GCW  with a  150 mercury. Trim gauge don't work, dealer has tried a new gauge and sender and still don't work. Mercury say there motors are set up for digital gauges and said Bennington may use anialog gagues. If so they have a converter that will take care of the problem. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks
This was taken from the Bennington Build Site.with 150 Merc

"Please note that an analog converter kit is required when rigging the new Mercury 150L or 150XL on a Bennington with a standard Mercury pre-rig. (Dealers: This adapter will need to be ordered directly from Mercury. Reference: 8M0059529-KIT, TRIM SENDER. Please contact your Mercury representative for more details.) "

Last edited by a moderator:
Back