Under warranty?

howie777

Reaction score
I have a 2015 2250gbr, with the esp option and rough water package. I recently noticed a collapse of the front aluminum bow panel. I boat on Lake Erie and have been in 3 foot waves . I have not hit anything and my guess is only thing that could have caused it would have been a wave , but I have never taken water over the bow. My first contact with the warranty manager at my dealership and he said it is not covered ?

Not covered by the warranty. I hit a big wave and damaged both the port and starboard bow panels. By the way, according to the Bennington rep. The panels and the rails are one unit. Time to call the insurance guy. Good luck.

You could try and push it out yourself.  I took a wave over the front last year and it dented the front port side.  I didn't realize it until after the fact a few days later.  I removed the seat and it pushed right back out.  It is barely noticeable where it got dented in.  You have to look really hard to see any evidence of it.  I spoke to my dealer and they said sometimes they don't pop out and stay out, so they place foam backing with adhesive between the fence and seat to hold it out.  Worth a try unless you want to go the insurance route.  I think I have before and after pictures.  I'll see if I can find them.

Thanks Admiral, I had a plan b a friend with suction tools. I just wanted to see what the dealer said before I touched it. 

Suction tool probably wont work as the panels are rippled, plus to get enough pressure on the tool, you may push it in further.

I'd pull the seat, and try to roll it out with the heel of my hand from the backside.

Just be careful as any hard pressure may "flatten" the ripples in the panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull the seat - use a linoleum roller to gently roll the panel back out.

Lots of gentle rolling. Lots and lots and lots.

The damage you have is probably way easier to fix than dings. And it may very well have not been a wave. If I sat down hard on my front deck and my old fat a&& hit the panel just right, it could do that. The panels are very thin. They change shape very easily. Alarmingly easy.

Back