Underdeck wiring

Seaduced

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just signed the check for a  2275 GCW , year 2012 with a 115HP.

Since I bought it so late in the season, we decided to take advantage of the free winterization and stored it for the winter.

Now the itch to enjoy it is torturing me!

I have been all over the boat and this website, looking to learn the features of the boat.

I'm sure I will have dozens of questions for you experienced owners but I will start with this one...

While under the boat, I noticed a wire or two that terminate under the boat. 

Can anyone explain what these wires are for ?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jim

Waretown , NJ

DSC_0044.jpg

Welcome aboard Jim!

Depending on what options where ordered, there will be a few connections that are not used. For instance, live well, underdeck lighting etc.

They build one wiring harness for each model, and just plug in what is needed.

Sorry about the long wait to use it, but you will get many years of pleasure as a reward for your patience!

If you have a 12V test light or meter.  Have the wifey push the helm switches one at a time to see if its tied into one.  Perhaps it might even have a label naming its function if you're lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the info. That helps a lot.

Jack M - the link did not work for me. If you can resend, that would be great.

I looked at a 2015 Q with side lights this weekend.  It did not have a connector at all like your picture.  Maybe what I looked at had been a dealer installation versus yours being a factory install. Have you had the chance to go back and figure out if it was tied to a switch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back