Unhinged seat

Robertc

Reaction score
My 2020 SX has a seat next to the Captains seat where the table goes that isn’t hinged. What have others done to keep it secured when trailering? Dealer told me to take it off, but then I have to worry about the contents stored blowing out? I personally think it’s a bed design by Bennington.

Last edited:
I have two such set cushions: One on the SB that covers and battery and one in front of the helm. I screwed in nylon straps with clips, plus a safety line on the SB cushion. I will try and get better pictures of the actual connection points for both next trip (Labor Day).

Attachments

• Seat Strap SB Cushion.jpg
    Seat Strap SB Cushion.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Seat Strap SB Cushion saftey Line.jpg
    Seat Strap SB Cushion saftey Line.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 44
On my previous Benningtons ,I also had seats with no hinges

I have one in the corner of the rear L shaped lounge seat. It's over the batteries/Perko switches. Everything in that compartment is bolted down so I don't worry about things blowing out. I do worry driving home in the rain but tell myself "its a boat things should be OK getting wet" :)

I stick it and the table in the the center tube storage compartment when the boat goes on the trailer. Forgot it in place once and was glad to see it after the 20 mile trip back home. Used to store it in the Suburban but forgot to throw it on the boat one day and having an open seat was annoying/embarassing. That corner seams to be the most popular seat for adults who ride in the back.

I have two such set cushions: One on the SB that covers and battery and one in front of the helm. I screwed in nylon straps with clips, plus a safety line on the SB cushion. I will try and get better pictures of the actual connection points for both next trip (Labor Day).
Thank you for sharing your solution and pictures.

Back