Update on Performance 23 RCW F300

Alicedream

Reaction score
Well, I have 26 hours on the motor since I dropped in the water on April 20th.  My top speed has been 49.3 and I am spinning 15.5-17 Saltwater II prop. I have hit low 49's a few times with me and the dog on the boat. The majority of the time my speed at top end is between 46 and 48. What I have been most impressed with is that i have had as many as 9 adults on the boat and still can hit 45 to 46 easily. My top RPM's are between 5800 and 5900. It seems that I get better speed with moderate loads and a fuller fuel tank believe it or not  I actually think if I wanted to tinker with engine height and pitch there is more top end, but I am not going to do it.  I love the guts of this engine and that it can maintain high end speed under load. The 0 to 40 speed is a lot of fun.  I am content and happy with the motor and performance so I am am leaving good enough alone .

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive numbers indeed! It's nice to be able to check the "satisfied" box. While my numbers are about 10 MPH less, I also do not seem to experience much of a decrease in performance when I'm fully loaded. 

Same here with loaded speed numbers, while I max out about 41, I can still hit mid/high 30's with a large load.

I really want a 300 or 350 now....

Congrats on having a great performing combo!

I'll have to live vicariously through those who have them for now. Our boat still meets our needs 100% of the time for my wife and 99% of the time for me.

Back