Upgrade lack of information

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the Roswell speaker upgrade? I'm a bit of audiophile and I appreciate QUALITY sound.  I'm stuck on whether I should pay for the upgrade for the Roswell system or instali after market JLAudio speakers.  I removed the Kicker equipment from my current GSR because it simply didn't have a quality of sound I wanted and installed a complete JL Audio system and it's fantastic. Now I'm upgrading the boat,  a GSR with a R23 SB with many upgrades.  I can't find a single bit of info on the Roswell / Bennington stereo set up nor can I find and info on the Bennington curved Electric Bimini with lights. Nor is there any photos anywhere on the internet showing the ostrich fabric accent sewn into the seating.   Frustrated as I'd like to place my order before I wait too long and miss the season!  If anyone at Bennington is reading this, I'm sure your aware but if not I'd like to inform you that your " price and build page" will not allow IPads to mix and match colors and options and be shown on my display.  I was told it can be done on a computer but I ditched the computer years ago. Curious to know if your IT folks are working on a fix.  Any info,from fellow members is greatly appreciative. Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
My ipad does color mix? Is it a certain model you are trying to build. I do know even on a computer, the blackout rails did not color in on a S model I was building, but the bracket cover did. It may just be a model specific glitch. Did you try it with other models? Certain color mixes DO NO WORK. A dealer can sometime over-ride this, but it's not set up as a standard option on the B.A.B. page.

Here's ostrich insert
R25-Dinette-2575RSD-Ostrich-Vinyl.jpg

This is still the brand that says they are a Bennington provider for the top. https://pwr-arm.com/

Bear in mind, Bennington adds extra rail bracing when they install this product, so don't try to save money by buying "after the fact" as it quite possibly could void the warranty if your rails were to have a structural failure due to the manufacturing difference. 

Thanks a lot Marine.  SemperFi 

yea, I've seen the power arm videos (straight frames) but the Benningtons (curved frame) specifically is what I'd like to see.  The power arm is supposed to be able to be set at different angles while it remains open and has a remote etc, does the Bennington power Bimini have the same functions?  I can't get a straight answer from any dealer on these questions nor any photos of one installed on a Bennington. The devils in the details and I ain't settling.  I'd love to have the manual Bimini but we leave our creak almost always and have to go under a low lieing bridge to the main lake.  Top is up and down pretty often.  Also, being able to angle the Bimini in the late afternoon at the dock is a sweet option.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone comment on the Roswell speaker upgrade? I'm a bit of audiophile and I appreciate QUALITY sound.  I'm stuck on whether I should pay for the upgrade for the Roswell system or instali after market JLAudio speakers.  I removed the Kicker equipment from my current GSR because it simply didn't have a quality of sound I wanted and installed a complete JL Audio system and it's fantastic. Now I'm upgrading the boat,  a GSR with a R23 SB with many upgrades.  I can't find a single bit of info on the Roswell / Bennington stereo set up nor can I find and info on the Bennington curved Electric Bimini with lights. Nor is there any photos anywhere on the internet showing the ostrich fabric accent sewn into the seating.   Frustrated as I'd like to place my order before I wait too long and miss the season!  If anyone at Bennington is reading this, I'm sure your aware but if not I'd like to inform you that your " price and build page" will not allow IPads to mix and match colors and options and be shown on my display.  I was told it can be done on a computer but I ditched the computer years ago. Curious to know if your IT folks are working on a fix.  Any info,from fellow members is greatly appreciative. Joe

+1 on the request for info on the Roswell speaker upgrade...

SemperFi, to answer your questions, I've tried exhaustively to use the Bennington build tool on my iPad, it just doesn't work for me.  I'm trying to build the R23 swing back.  

Hard to imagine I haven't come across a single bit of info regarding the Roswell  equipment.  Just some BS you tube commercial type propoganda commercials.  No reviews, nothing.  Really disappointed that Bennington wants 2600 bucks for something that isn't descriptive at all, anywhere.  

Seems the Roswell stereo gear is just as secretive as the Roswell alien stuff, lol.  I'm sort of a stereo nut and I haven't found much info at all on anything regarding the Roswell stuff.

Our dealer has a huge Roswell display, mainly for their wake boats, not Bennington. I never paid it much mind though, despite being an audiophile at home. I just don't worry about it on the water as we're on a small residential lake.

Back