Upgrades - time to get started

Has anybody put underwater lights on the sides  or back of the standard transom?

i was thinking about that instead of having a second bracket welded on. 

Underwater lights on the sides?  Do you mean under the water line but on the sides of the tubes or under deck lights down the sides.  I also had the extra bracket welded on for future use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched, and this was the best thread I identified. I did read that many had the bracket welded, but I am not sure I wanted to go that far. 

That is why I was considering just the transom pan (or whatever it is called). The spacing wouldn't be as far, but maybe the effect would be similar. 

Maybe even one on the back and one on each side perhaps. But then the side ones would be in the "flow" of the water underway, and maybe that isn't ideal. 

I put two lights on the center toon and added the bracket for the right toon. Looks great but have not had a chance to use it yet.

Following back up...  Fplcman did you ever install the LED lights inside your toon under the seats?  Just wondering how they turned out and any tips you may have learned along the way?  I'm hoping my toon was built today and will be here in the next week or so.  Would like to tackle that project before it gets to far into the summer.

Following back up...  Fplcman did you ever install the LED lights inside your toon under the seats?  Just wondering how they turned out and any tips you may have learned along the way?  I'm hoping my toon was built today and will be here in the next week or so.  Would like to tackle that project before it gets to far into the summer.

Not yet. I plan on doing it over the memorial weekend. The weather has not been the best here in Indiana. 

Underwater lights on the sides?  Do you mean under the water line but on the sides of the tubes or under deck lights down the sides.  I also had the extra bracket welded on for future use.

I meant on the side of the motor pod, but looking into more, I thin the easy mounting position may be above the water line.

367EEFFD-E06C-4D2A-B892-B812D55B9D3D_zpsufbvcnai.jpg

Fplcman - How did you mount the underwater lights on the center tube?  Did you drill holes in the toon?  

(Great DIY!  Thanks for taking the time to post all this great information!)

Following back up...  Fplcman did you ever install the LED lights inside your toon under the seats?  Just wondering how they turned out and any tips you may have learned along the way?  I'm hoping my toon was built today and will be here in the next week or so.  Would like to tackle that project before it gets to far into the sum

I am in the middle of writing up a nice how to for all these upgrades. Takes more time then you think to put it on paper. Lol. 

I have all installed plus more. 

Fplcman - How did you mount the underwater lights on the center tube?  Did you drill holes in the toon?  

(Great DIY!  Thanks for taking the time to post all this great information!)

I just drilled small holes then used the screws that came with the lights. I am really impressed with the lights. I am going to take a good picture of it at night so I can post it. 

Well I put in the ECU, installed the 4 underwater lights and installed the new Garmin.

For the new lights I had to add a bracket.

This is weekend I will finish the wiring and get a picture of how they look. Then on to the LED lights for the seats.

Where did you find the bracket to add to the pontoon. I need a second bracket. T Hanks

You might be waiting a while for a reply Brandon, the op hasn't logged on in over two years.

Back