Upholstery Maintenance

Noah Genda

Reaction score
I have a 2011 RCW, and I guess I'm sort of a fanatic when it comes to my upholstery. When I clean the cushions, etc., I am coming across little nicks (not tears) in the vinyl. I don't want the blemishes to grow, but I don't want to ruin the overall appearance of my seating. Any suggestions?

Make sure your guests have their toenails clipped :D . Seriously, I think that's just the way it is. I just use vinyl cleaner and 303 on our seats and no problems. I don't think there's anything that will protect it from scratches.

Love it! "Before you sit down, here's your beer, your koozie, and your own toenail clippers!" Thanks for the advice.

Also check them for pens in back pockets, chain wallets, keys on belt loop, etc .......

My problem is the spiders in our boathouse on the ceiling. Their droppings are leaving little orange pinhead stains on the ivory vinyl. And that's with 303 on the seats. I cleaned the seats a week a go, only to have more stains Saturday.

I'm going to spray the ceiling tomorrow with Suspend SC, a professional pesticide that has a long lasting base.

We'll be ordering matching Surlast fabric to make seat covers held down by velcro.

We use the boat too often to go through the hassle of putting the mooring cover on it.

Bamaman, that site that you suggested said they really needed the business. Asked what to use a month ago and never got a reply. Must not need business very bad. Steve

Back