Uploads

Jack M

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems uploading pics?

I cannot do it from our home PC, the iPad only posts the photobucket link, and my work laptop will still let me post like the old days.

I have never had a problem before .Today I keep getting "server error" 

Still getting the server errors today .

Me too!

Server Error here as well.

Hey Team Bennington! So long as you have a little work to do on the server (I'm guessing this is a mod security error), you may want to upgrade/patch the IP Board forum software running on the site. There is malicious code (malware) injected into the forum software that takes users that click through from search engines to a spam site called 'url 4 short dot info'. I deliberately typed that out so it wouldn't become a link.

Easy way to test it, do a google search for something you know will pop up on this site like "bennington dog ramp". Click on the result for this site and if it's the first time you've done a search and clicked through here in a bit, then you'll get redirected to the spam site. Subsequent clicks work fine and don't get redirected. I did some research tonight and found this was a security flaw in IPB (the software this board uses). If it doesn't work first time, try a different browser. IPB issued a patch for it in December 2012. More info on that here (there may be more current patches):

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/375885-ipboard-31x-32x-33x-34x-critical-security-update/

Some users on their site report the problem persisting after the patch, if that happens, this might work:

http://peter.upfold.org.uk/blog/2013/01/15/cleaning-up-the-ip-board-url4short-mess/

I doubt that any of us are at much risk by this malicious code (although I'm no expert), but it certainly turns away a lot of potential traffic. I frequently use google to search the forum using 'site:club.benningtonmarine.com' syntax and it drives me crazy that I know the first link I click every time goes to that spam site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still server errors as of 5:35 am Saturday 4/26/14

I sent a message to the Web team. They did get the forum link fixed on Bennington Marine page.

This may or may not help, I know I had problems a long time ago uploading and it was because I was using the "advanced uploader that requires flash 9" I downgraded to the lower one and it has always worked since. When you are about to click "choose file" look just below it and in small grey writing it says something about using some other uploader (sorry, can't remember what exactly they called it). I guess I could have just tried uploading and that would answer that. I'll try.

I have tried both ,with 3 different browsers .Error messages on all 3 

Nope, mine didn't work either.

Still getting Server Error ,5-6 days now .

Back