USB For Stereo Playback

I wonder how easy it would swap out with the Clarion Marine one in my boat? It looks pretty easy when I look under my helm as most everything are RCA jacks that connect to my amp and then out to the speakers. Is that the nicest stereo Bennington offers?

I think that's the idea, less moving parts just digital input ....

Just got back from using mine . If you plug a USB jump stick into the USB port on the tray . It will work .

Still need that remote though .

Just ordered one. No big deal if I get a second from the dealer now .

That is a nice stereo, funny thing is, with my dash mounted remote, I think I looked at my radio one time to see what it looked like (in the helm). I thought "maybe I should upgrade" then I punched myself in the head !!!!

Dash mounted remote was not offered ,I would have ordered it .

I also noticed today ,It is hard to see the display in the bright sun .

Hopefully the handheld will do the trick .

The handheld remote is an option, I'm almost disappointed now that my deck is hidden in the helm when it looks this good!! Haha

Thanks for all of the feedback. I m going to try a couple of these recommendations. I did not get the bluetooth option as I didnt think it was necesarry. But thanks again and I will update you all with some followup once I can get down to the boat. Thanks

I just replaced the Sony stereo on my 2013 Bennie. It came with the bottom line Sony. I replaced it with the Alpine CDA-118M

1. I had to take out the Bennington installed stereo and stereo bracket/enclosure

2. Had to cut a piece of marine plastic 4 1/8 x 9 5/8 to fit over the hole.

3. Cut out in the middle of that piece the hole for the stereo

4. Mount that peice

5. Mount the stereo

6. Wire in the stereo

7. Attach XM receiver

8. Attach USB cord

9. Attach iPod controller

10. Attach remote control

Total time from start to finish: 2 hours, 15 minutes.

It really isn't hard. Just go slow. Next I am putting in an amp and sub.

Remote came today ,does everything I was hoping for . I can set the clock now :D and then some .

$10 on ebay

Back