USB MUSIC using Kicker system

Sampson104

Reaction score
Hi,
I use a USB loaded with tunes on my Harley, plug and play. I tried to use the same thumb drive in every USB PORT, it is detected but says "no music"... not sure if it isn’t formatted correct;y for the Kicked system, can’t find anything online either...

Wondering if anyone has had the same issue, and how was it corrected?

Not sure, but did you try changing the "source" on your Kicker?

My USB port on the dash was not connected to the kicker stereo. Connected it myself and now works. My USB port in the starboard lounger is just for recharging a phone and not meant to connect to stereo, I believe, but I could be mistaken.

Hi,
I use a USB loaded with tunes on my Harley, plug and play. I tried to use the same thumb drive in every USB PORT, it is detected but says "no music"... not sure if it isn’t formatted correct;y for the Kicked system, can’t find anything online either...

Wondering if anyone has had the same issue, and how was it corrected?
In what format is your music on the flash drive?

IIRC, the music must be in either WMA or MP3 format to be read natively via the USB drive on Kicker systems. Also, many sound system/head units necessitate that your flash drive be formatted as FAT32 rather than NTFS.

Lastly, some USB ports are one-way charging (i.e., dumb) ports designed for power only.

If this is the case when located adjacent to a head unit, one will also typically find an audio jack adjacent to the USB port. There are ways around this, but typically only for devices like standalone MP3 players, cell phones, (or the older iPod players). If you see that, you would need not only your USB cable for power, but an aux cable to connect via the audio jack for sound.

Back