Vacume cleaner 4 Boat

G

Geewest

Part of my to do list B4 we get on the water is to do a vacuum of the carpet. We have the snap out carpet but it's way quicker to bring in a vacuum cleaner into the boat. With all the tight spaces a regular vacuum is just too much and hauling a cord into the boat each time is lame. I love Dyson products and had bought the Dyson DC 35 Digital Slim for the hardwood floors in the house and found that this little vacuum works Perfect for the boat.

So well that it has a new home on the boat. I bring it back into the house to charge it every other time. It’s small and light and I can’t believe how much dirt it pulls out of the carpet. The pile on the carpet is so short that a traditional cleaner has a hard time lifting the pile up and getting the dirt out. With this one and the head I use, (in the picture) you can push against the grain of the carpet and fluff it up and get it nice and clean. I will empty the bin before I start on the boat carpets. But the time I’m done I’m so surprised at how much fine dust like dirt ends up in the bin. I found this one on woot.com (a deal of the day sight) for $200 I know it’s a bit steep but it works awesome. Just thought I would pass it on.

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

Part of my to do list B4 we get on the water is to do a vacuum of the carpet. We have the snap out carpet but it's way quicker to bring in a vacuum cleaner into the boat. With all the tight spaces a regular vacuum is just too much and hauling a cord into the boat each time is lame. I love Dyson products and had bought the Dyson DC 35 Digital Slim for the hardwood floors in the house and found that this little vacuum works Perfect for the boat.

So well that it has a new home on the boat. I bring it back into the house to charge it every other time. It’s small and light and I can’t believe how much dirt it pulls out of the carpet. The pile on the carpet is so short that a traditional cleaner has a hard time lifting the pile up and getting the dirt out. With this one and the head I use, (in the picture) you can push against the grain of the carpet and fluff it up and get it nice and clean. I will empty the bin before I start on the boat carpets. But the time I’m done I’m so surprised at how much fine dust like dirt ends up in the bin. I found this one on woot.com (a deal of the day sight) for $200 I know it’s a bit steep but it works awesome.

Thanks for sharing. What happens if you hit a wet spot? Can the Dyson handle getting wet a little?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a Wet and Dry Vac. So Im not sure if it would do it any harm or not but I would avoid water. Im sure it cant do it any good. I usually vac in the morning before I go out so the boat is plenty dry before I vac.

A couple weeks back I had our Neeto Robotic vacuum clean the pontoon. It did an ok job, Although I had to move the cocktail table a couple times, and touch up the corners. The big advantage to using the robot vacuum is that it's battery powered.

P13140432.jpg

I took our regular vacuum cleaner from the house one year down to the boat and it did a fantastic job but.............it did suck up a small amount of water and the vacuum cleaner smelled really musty until I practically took the whole thing apart and completely dried it out and cleaned it. I am only allowed to use the shop vac now...... :p

Dysons do..... do a great job and it has powerful suction but $200 does seem a bit steep but............

I took our regular vacuum cleaner from the house one year down to the boat and it did a fantastic job but.............it did suck up a small amount of water and the vacuum cleaner smelled really musty until I practically took the whole thing apart and completely dried it out and cleaned it. I am only allowed to use the shop vac now...... :p

Dysons do..... do a great job and it has powerful suction but $200 does seem a bit steep but............
Did the same thing with our house dyson used on the toon. It picked up water and smelled. The boat carpet almost never dries completely.

Hey Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Www.woot.com has the dyson dc35 on sale "today" its a one day one deal site they have it for $200 . This is where I bought my'n. That's over a $100 off.

DeWalt makes a couple different 18V vacs, one hand held & one "shop vac" style.

These are a great alternative for those of us who are "loaded for bear" with 18V batteries!

I keep something similar to this in my helm storage area.

026282930200xl.jpg

Im almost embarrassed to

Post a pic of all the dirt I have been able to extract from the carpet with my tiny hand held vac. I Did a little experiment I cleaned out the Vacume cleaner each time and the did the carpets and then took a photo of what I got out of the carpet. most of the time its just my wife and I and we are super clean people I have NO idea where all the dirt is coming from. With this Vacume you have the ability to go against the pile and instead of it laying flat when-you go over it your able to make it stand up and your able to get dirt that would Normaly be trapped under the pile out.This IMO is what makes the difference.

Example I have taken the floor mats in my car out of the car and gone to town with them with a wet dry vac but if I take the Air hose and blow the air threw them it looks like a dust storm comming out.

This is what I picked up this summer...works great! It's wet/dry and rund on 18v batteries!

dewalt.jpg

This is what I got out of the carpets on Sat

dirt2.jpg

This is Sunday's

dirt1.jpg

Last edited:
Back