Vinyl dye for vinyl seating

Robster

Reaction score
Does anyone know the shade of white, (probably off white/cream ie: SEM, Duplicolor, LVP) that is used for spraying over the original vinyl seating on a 2000 18.8 Bennington? Mine has some stains I cant get out. The rest of the pontoon is beautiful. I have heard that vinyl dye works very well. Thanks !!
Benn1.JPG Benn2.JPG Benn3.JPG

Try Marine 31 mildew remover before you spray the seats.
Nothing else I had tried worked and I had damaged the top coat using Simple Green.
I sprayed the fishing chair and then did the bench seat. I turned back to the chair and it looked almost new. Wiped it down with a micro towel. Then sprayed on the Mildew Guard (Marine 31) and never had mildew again. Got a much better price when we sold it because the seats looked good.

Last edited:
Nothing else I had tried worked and I had damaged the top coat using Simple Green.
I sprayed the fishing chair and then did the bench seat. I turned back to the chair and it looked almost new. Wiped it down with a micro towel. Then sprayed on the Mildew Guard (Marine 31) and never had mildew again. Got a much better price when we sold it because the seats looked good.
Wow!

The problem is if you wait too long to get the mildew off, it permanently stains the seats and the mildew remover will have no effect. I have NOT used the product myself nor have I seen the results in person but someone I know and trust says it works very well. I help him broker boats and he's used this a lot.

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=marine+vinyl+coat+spray&FORM=QSRE6

That link brings up several things but it's the Marine Vinyl Coat Spray by SEM that I'm showing you.

Thank you Remediation, I will try it !!

I had been fighting mold on the seats for years. After using Simple Green it was worse. After cleaning and then using the Mildew Guard it never came back. We use it on both boats every spring.

My problem has been little pinhead stains from spider droppings (in the boathouse ceiling). I've been ordering color swatches from big vinyl sellers, but the colors don't exactly match up.

One alternative would be to get under a seat and cut a small piece of vinyl. Send it to Leatherique in Aiken, SC and they can color match any stain to work. They sell leather seating repair supplies for the finest autocars in the world.

Back