vinyl flooring maintenance

303 protectant would make it slick .I got some over spray on an unused spot .Very slippery 

Last edited by a moderator:
What does everyone use to clean and protectonic their viny flooring?
303 cleaner and protectant? Other products?

Would the 303 protectant make the floor slick?

Hey Mel, I would check your owners manual for cleaning/protection instructions. Like Jack stated, 303 would make it slippery. At this point, all I would consider doing is using some soap and water to clean up any dirt or stains. After one season of use, the most we've had to do was wipe up a spill with a wet towel. I'm assuming that the vinyl floor has UV inhibitors in the material.

Hey Mel, I would check your owners manual for cleaning/protection instructions. Like Jack stated, 303 would make it slippery. At this point, all I would consider doing is using some soap and water to clean up any dirt or stains. After one season of use, the most we've had to do was wipe up a spill with a wet towel. I'm assuming that the vinyl floor has UV inhibitors in the material.

+1.... Very easy to clean with water and a broom.

We just used a little spray 9 cleaner on our sea grass without any issues. 

Good stuff, just finished cleaning  my boat today. Came to OC because it's girls weekend in Deep Creak this weekend. So I  came down to do yard work.. What's wrong with that? But I did also clean the Benny and ran it down to pick a friend up. We ended up at a bar for a couple of beers. I call this a good girls weekend! What ya think?

+1 on the 303 protectant being extremely slippery!  Even a slight over spray can be hazardous on the floor. The 303 cleaner works pretty good on vinyl although never used it on the floor.  For the floor, I use some dawn dish detergent and a good hosing down and it has done the trick so far. 

I use the 303 fabric cleaner to spot clean with a little scrub brush while power washing the deck a couple times a summer.

Back