Waranty issue on seats

Jerryndebbiedeuby

Reaction score
We purchased a used 2019 23 sxp this month .we read bow to stern waranty 10 years .transfer waranty to us now only 5 years on interior ? We have issues on rear couches stiching coming apart just on rear couches .also Bimini top worn out ripped .are these covered thru 5 year waranty it's 2023 did anyone have same stiching come apart .we are taking boat to our dealer and make a claim for all jerry

Attachments

• 20231211_113756.jpg
    20231211_113756.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231211_113745.jpg
    20231211_113745.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 45
If you transfered the warranty at an authorized Bennington dealer, they "should" take care of it as long as it wasn't misuse / wrong cleaners used / left uncovered or a rental/commercial unit . Was it like that when you purchased it ?

Yes previous owner did not take in for claim .it's clearly stiching coming apart and only on rear couches front is fine .we just had boat detailed clean they said skins must be replaced under waranty ? J

You can do a search in the upper right corner for the complete warranty statement. If transfered, you "should" have the balance of the 10 years .
Your dealer is your best source to find out if it will be covered under warranty.

If you bought it that way, my suspicion is that the previous owners damaged the seats and thus it wasn’t covered by warranty or already turned down by warranty because THEY caused the damage … thus, not a warranty item.

For your sake I hope I am wrong, but sounds fishy that the previous owner would not have had it properly taken care of under the Bennington warranty if they could have. It certainly would have otherwise increased the boats value let alone aesthetic. You may simply be out of luck because you bought a previously damaged boat, and like all warranties, it doesn’t cover damaged caused by owners or incidents.

Based upon your pictures and description, while it’s notable that the previous owner didn’t appear to take any action, I’d say you have a pretty good argument for having it covered under warranty. Good luck and let us know how it all shakes out.

Again the OP hasnt returned to the forum since his post .

Back